“This is a fantastic book! What depth and variety – the result of many hours of dedicated collaboration!” – S. Boldrey, IL (2003)
Published by the Center for Canadian-American Studies at Western Washington University, Canada: Northern Neighbor (2nd Edition) is an excellent core textbook suitable for grades 6 to 9 that focuses on the history, geography, economy, government, culture and arts of Canada while emphasizing Canada’s relationship with the United States.
O Canada! The True North Strong and Free!, written by Tina Storer and funded by the Canadian Embassy, was initially published in April 2004 by The Washington Times as a Newspapers in Education supplement on Canada for teachers.
Click here to download the supplement and copy for classroom use.
Other NRC Resources
- K-12 Resource Tour of Canada
- K-12 Resource Tour of the Salish Sea
- 2-Page Profile of Canada
- View PowerPoint Presentations
connecting to Canada
- “A Resource Tour of Canada’s Arctic”
- “Resource Guide to Transborder
Issues in the West”
- “Forensic Resources for Teachers (Speech & Debate)”